Adriana K. Holy, M.D.
Board Certified Dermatologist
Dr. Holy was born and raised in Appleton, Wisconsin. As a board certified dermatologist, she provides general medical dermatology, dermatological surgery and aesthetic treatments for facial rejuvenation. She treats patients of all ages and enjoys caring for families over many years. Her passion is educating patients about their diagnosis, recommending medications and empowering them to participate in their own health maintenance.
Dr. Holy usually begins with typical conventional medical treatment to make you better quickly, which you will find at most dermatology offices. But after that she takes a holistic approach to treatment for every patient. Whenever possible, she helps patients transition from relying solely on traditional medicine to incorporating dietary management and natural supplements to manage their conditions. By promoting natural treatment options, patients have a more active role in being responsible for their health. Lifestyle and dietary changes often make a huge difference in effective treatment and in minimizing your need for prescription medications.
- Appleton High School East in Appleton, WI, graduating summa cum laude
- Harvard College in Cambridge, MA, graduating cum laude with concentration in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Northwestern Medical School in Chicago, IL
- Internship training in general medicine at Evanston Hospital in Evaston, IL
- Residency at the prestigious NYU Dermatology program where she diagnosed and treated many severe cases of common and obscure dermatological diseases
- Worked on research involving skin cancer and the immune system at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas
- While at Harvard, she worked in the laboratory of Nobel Prize winner Dr. Walter Gilbert (of Maxim and Gilbert DNA sequencing fame) and published a paper with Dr. Jurgen Brosius regarding gene splicing and expression, that is still frequently cited today
- In high school, Dr. Holy was a state champion and YMCA national finalist in 1m springboard diving
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- Harvard University Alumni Association
- Northwestern University Medical Alumni Association
- Dr. Holy was the recipient of the Burroughs Wellcome Fund Fellowship in honor of Marion B. Sulzberger, M.D.
Dr. Holy enjoys spending time with her youngest daughter volunteering with National Charity League and also enjoys visiting her older children at Santa Clara and Washington, D.C.