The demand for Botox and fillers continues to rise, especially among young people, as the desire to erase wrinkles, contour the jawline, boost the fullness of the lips, highlight certain features and shrink others becomes top priority. Everyone wants to grow older, but not everyone wants to look older. Is there a way to avoid the overdone look of aesthetic trends while still caring for and achieving your most desirable skin? The art of aging gracefully can be found in some tried and true dermatology tips for healthy and youthful skin.
At THE CENTER for Advanced Dermatology, we offer effective anti-aging strategies that are backed by scientific research and a high patient satisfaction rate. Evidence based treatments that rejuvenate the natural aging of the skin due to gradual loss of collagen and elastin, the cause of wrinkles, dull skin, and sagging, are designed to restore and help you maintain healthy and youthful skin. These treatments include topical retinoids, chemical peels, microneedling, laser therapy, ultherapy and hydrafacials. In addition to resurfacing treatments and prescription medications, embracing your age with confidence and vitality naturally means incorporating healthy lifestyle choices that allow you to age gracefully. These include the following:
- Staying hydrated. Improve skin’s elasticity by drinking plenty of water throughout the day, with at least 6 glasses per day. Water can do wonders for your skin including helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eating a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids. The best foods for glowing skin include fatty fish, avocados, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, red/yellow bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes and bone broth.
- Getting regular exercise. By improving blood circulation and maintaining a healthy weight, essential nutrients and oxygen are delivered to the skin. Exercise also reduces stress which can lead to premature aging of the skin.
- Managing stress, to the best of your ability. Relaxation and meditation techniques and changes to your routine as necessary can calm the mind and body thereby not accelerating skin issues.
- Aiming for quality sleep. Adequate, uninterrupted sleep allows the body the rest it needs to repair itself. Insomnia often results from magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is needed to make melatonin so that you can fall asleep. Taking magnesium glycinate before bed will help change your sleep habits for the better.
- Exfoliating weekly. Removing layers of dead skin cells can greatly improve the appearance and feel of your skin.
- Always wear sunscreen. Use of a broad-spectrum 30+ sunscreen will aid in aging of the skin as well as protect against skin damage and skin cancer.
Customized plans for skin aging prevention, therapy and prescription only products are offered by THE CENTER for Advanced Dermatology. Call 602-867-7546 or visit WEBSITE to learn more about our treatment options and to select a consultation appointment day and time. We want you to feel comfortable and confident in your skin.